Setting up Chat
Last Updated -
The Chat Channel is enabled by default. Visitors to your support site have the option to click a link to start a chat session with your agent.
Enable or disable the chat feature
- From the Admin Panel, go to Channels > Chat > Advanced Settings
- Toggle the "Chat Enabled" option on or off as desired. This adds or removes the Chat link from your Support Center page automatically.
Selecting messages to appear
From the same Channels > Chat > Advanced Settings screen, determine which messages are displayed in your chat.
You can also edit the system text used for those messages by going to Admin > Content > Snippets.
Modify the transcript email
When a chat session ends, your customer has the option to receive a transcript of the chat conversation. If you want to modify that email you'll want to go to the "Transcript Themes" section of your chat channel and then add a new theme. This is found under Admin > Channels > Chat > Transcript Themes.
Custom Transcript Theme
If you would like to use our custom theme for your transcript theme, you'll find the necessary code for this here: Custom Chat Transcript Theme
For more information on how to use Chat as an Agent, how to route Chat cases and how to direct Chat to Email, see the related articles below for help.
- Using Chat as an Agent
- Adding a Chat Form to your Site
- Redirecting Waiting Chat to Email
- Using Next Gen Chat as an Agent
- Classic Agent: Using Chat as an Agent
Note: The feature(s) in this article requires the Standard Plan or above. To upgrade your account, log in to your Admin panel and click "Billing" on the right. See the overview of our pricing plans or reach out to Sales for more info.