Last Updated -
Note: This is an article that references the Classic Agent console.
There may be times when you want to export cases so that you can work with them in a spreadsheet, or need to review the cases in a list format. Desk.com allows you to easily export your cases in the Classic Agent console.
First, as an admin, turn on case exports in Admin > Cases > Agents > for the appropriate user or groups.
If you don't see the export option in the following steps, this setting hasn't been enabled to permit case exports.
With the setting enabled, you can either export from a filter, or you can do an agent search and export the results of your search using the steps outlined below.
To export your cases you will need to be in the Classic Agent Console:
1. Perform your search, or go to the filter where the cases that you wish to export are listed.
2. Check the box to the left of any one of the cases in your list.
You cannot select the check box on closed cases. However, they can still be exported. You need to have at least one case in your results that is not "Closed" and then check that case to open the export tool.
3. You will see the Bulk Update tool open at the bottom of the screen. Select the check box next to the cases that you want to export. If you want to select all of the cases in your results (for example, all cases included in multiple result pages), select the "Apply to All" check box and then click the Export link.
Please visit the Pricing Plan page to see applicable export limits for your plan.
You also have the option to export all search results with the Export All button:
4. It can take a few minutes for the export to become "available" for download as a zip. When you hit export, you will see this screen.
You have the option of getting an email sent to your Classic Agent account when the download is ready as a zip. Then hit Export CSV. You will see this at the top of the screen:
5. If you go back to the Bulk Update->Export link, you will see the Export Request.
If it has not been processed yet, it will look like this:
Note that is shows "In Queue".
If it has been processed and is ready for download as a zip, it will look like this:
Note that "In Queue" has changed to a "Download" link.
6. Click on "Download" to save or view the file. It should look similar to the one below:
You can download the case information using the export tool, you cannot download each of the individual interactions within the case. The case export tool can be used in conjunction with Business Insights to create reports on the activity within your Desk.com site. To learn more about extraction methods through Business Insights, Case Exports, or the API, view our Reporting with Desk.com Webinar Video and Resources.
The CSV files includes the following columns:
- Case #
- Direct Case link
- Case Subject
- Case Description
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Twitter ID
- Facebook URL
- Case Status
- Assigned Agent
- Assigned Group
- Macros Applied
- First Macro
- Last Macro
- Created At
- Modified At
- First Opened At
- Time of First Response
- First Resolved At
- Resolved At
- Handle Time
- Inbound Messages
- Outbound Messages
- Last In
- Last Out
- Last Message Direction
- CSAT Rating
- CSAT Comment
- CSAT Rating Scale
- Company Custom Fields
- Customer Custom Fields
- Case Custom Fields
If you wanted to build some more advanced exports, you would need to use the Desk.com API. This would require a programmer that is familiar with using API's.
If your requirement is not met by the listed components above, please Contact our Support Team.