Add a New Customer
Last Updated -
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Add a new customer from the Next Generation Agent console.
- Add a new case and customer from the Classic console.
- Change existing customer information.
Overview of Adding New Customers in Next Gen
These steps show how to add a customer from the Next Generation Agent console.
Steps1. Click the + button to the right of the search box.
2. In the Search or enter new customer section, begin typing the name of the new customer.
3. Once, the Add new customer prompt appears, select it from the dropdown.
4. Enter the required fields and click Create.
5. If the email domain already exists in Desk, it will automatically map to the corresponding Company. If you would like to change or add a new company, click the arrow to update the Company section on the left-hand panel.
6. If you'd like to change information on an existing customer, search for the customer by entering their name or email address in the Search bar. Select the customer and click into the sections you would like to update. Click the checkbox to confirm the change.
Overview of Adding a New Case and Customer in Classic
These steps show how to add a customer from the Classic Agent console. Please note that in Classic console, you cannot create a new customer without adding a new case.
Steps1. Click the New button in the top right-hand corner. Select the type of case you would like to create.
2. Select the Create a customer link.
3. Click the Create new email for this customer button, once you've added details.
4. If the email domain already exists in Desk, the new customer will automatically map to the corresponding Company. If you would like to change or add a new company, simply click the Company tab and select Change next to Company Name.
5. Type in the name of the company and click Create a new company. This will update the Company information for this customer.
6. If you'd like to change information on an existing customer, click the magnifying glass to search for the customer by name or email. Select the customer from the results and update the customer's information.
Note: If you would like to import a list of contacts into Desk, you can do so by using the API. Contact your Account Executive to learn more about import services and review Package pricing here.