Draft - Split a Case
Last Updated -
OverviewThere are many instances where a Case contains multiple issues to resolve. The ability to "split" a Case into multiple Cases is crucial for capturing each issue individually. This allows multiple Agents to work on the split Cases separately and apply Labels individually which has Filter and Reporting implications. You can split a case by creating a new case from an entire reply, or highlighting part of a case and creating a new case from that selection. If a customer responds to a previously resolved Case, the split feature allows you to close the previous Case and create a new one with the customer's response, helping with the accuracy of reporting metrics. Along with the Merge Cases feature, Agents have the ability to split and consolidate Cases accordingly.
In this article
- When replying to a Case, you have the option to create a New Case.
- Next, provide information for the new case. Set a Subject, Group and Agent that will be applied to the new Case.
- After clicking Create, a confirmation appears signifying your Case was successfully split.
- Next, assign the new case. The new Case appears in the Inbox queue as an unread new Case. Notice that the Label from the original Case is applied to the new split Case. The new Case is unassigned so a different Agent can take it.
- A link is added to the new Case which shows the Case that it was split from.
- Make your highlighted selection within the case content, and click NEW CASE FROM SELECTION when it appears.
- The selection shows in the popup where you can edit the subject and assign a group and agent. The "Open tab" checkbox gives the option of opening the new case automatically or leaving it unchecked to stay in the original case after creation.
- The newly split case contains a link back to the original case.
- The original case shows the selection used to split into a new case, along with a link to the case.