How to create a Sent box for emails sent from Desk.com
Last Updated -
Depending on your needs, you can use this mailbox to track any of Email Replies, Auto Acknowledgements, Notifications and Case Closed Emails.
Keep in mind that an email will be sent for each one that you set up, so you may want to review any email quota documentation or discuss this plan of action with your email administrators before setting it up.
If possible, you should set this up to send to a mailbox that is outside of your corporate mail server. For example, if you are using an in-house exchange server, you may want to bcc a 3rd party such as Gmail or Yahoo. If you are using Gmail in Desk.com, then you may want to bcc a Yahoo account.
This will help to troubleshoot any sending issues by isolating the issue to the sender or recipient's mailboxes.
Let's say that you have a customer saying that they are not receiving your emails. You can look in the sent box, and see if the email made it there or not. If they did, then you know that the email left Desk.com and your mail server, and this may be a spam issue on the recipients end. If it did not, then you know that you need to look more deeply at Desk.com or the mail server.
To set up a Sent box, you would do the following.
- Set up your account on the mail server/provider to receive the emails. In the examples below, we are using a Gmail account. Make sure that you turn off any spam filtering, or set it to its lowest allowable levels in this mailbox.
- To track agent replies:;Add a BCC to your custom reply themes located at Admin > Channels > Email > Reply Themes. Make sure to add it to every theme that you want to track in the Sent box.
- To track auto acknowledgments: Add a BCC to your custom auto-acknowledgement themes located at Admin > Channels > Email > Auto Acknowledgement. Make sure to add it to every theme that you want to track in the Sent box.
- To track notification emails:Add a BCC to your custom notification themes located at Admin > Cases > Notifications. Make sure to add it to every theme that you want to track in the Sent box.
- To track case closed emails: Add a BCC to your custom case closed themes located at Admin > Cases > Notifications > Case Closed. Make sure to add it to every theme that you want to track in the Sent box.
Once you selected the themes that you want to track in your sent box, you can use the following test rule to see if the sent box is working as you expect.
This Rule is temporary and is just for testing.
You can create this rule at Admin > Cases > Rules > Inbound Interactions as an Email only rule.
Once the rule is set up, send in a test email. When it comes in, have an agent reply to it. Then go to your Sent mailbox and verify that all of the emails made it there as expected.