How do I Customize The Index Page of My Support Center?
Last Updated -
The index page is the "home" page of your Support Center and is the first page displayed. The Page (Index) section is located in Admin > Channels > Support Center > Web Themes > Edit Web Theme > Advanced Themes > Page (Index).
- Administrator access level or above.
- Understanding of HTML and/or CSS.
- Familiarity with Liquid to easily customize the appearance of Desk.com Support Center. For more information about Liquid, see List of Liquid Variables.
Here is what the standard Default Page(Index) looks like:
Here is how this page looks in your Web Theme editor:
By editing the HTML and CSS of this page, you can give your Support Center homepage a look and feel that suits your business needs.
Here are a few general tips and considerations for the Index page:
- The index page provides your general navigation - you can customize it to provide a dynamically generated list of topics rather than the default table design
- You can change the layout for the index page while maintaining the overall look and feel of the layout
- The index page contains liquid collections of topics; each topic contains a collection of articles
Example: change the default table of topics to a dynamically written out list
A common customization to the index page of the Desk.com Support Center is to write out a dynamic list of topics. The default HTML writes out this content as a table; however, you may want to write it out and style it differently.Here is the code:
This is how Topics and their article lists are displayed after making this simple change: