Why did I receive this error: "There was an issue connecting to your email server"?
Last Updated -
ErrorsWhen connecting a Gmail account with Desk.com, you may see one of the following errors:
This error may be caused by IMAP Access being disabled disabled in your Gmail account settings. Here are steps needed to enable IMAP:
- Log into your Gmail account
- Click on the gear icon on the right to access your mail Settings
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Ensure "IMAP is enabled"
- Open up a browser where you are not logged into any other Gmail account
- Go to the following link and click continue: https://accounts.google.com/displayunlockcaptcha
- Try adding the Gmail account into Desk again