Desk Connect: Syncing with a Salesforce Person Account
Last Updated -
If a Person Account is selected as the default record type in the Desk.com Admin, new customers in Desk will be created as Person Accounts in Salesforce. If a Person Account is created in Salesforce, it will create a Customer and a Company with the same name and be linked to the Customer record in Desk.
Once enabled, if a Customer record is created in Desk.com, it will create a linked Person Account record in Salesforce.
How to Sync a Person Account
- To use this feature, you must first enable Desk Connect.
- In your Desk.com account, go to: Admin > Settings > Desk Connect > Settings.
- Select the 'Company' tab.
- Under Desk to Salesforce, select 'Person Accounts' from the Default Record Type dropdown. Note: You must have Person Accounts enabled in Salesforce to see the option to select the Default Record Type.
- Click 'Save'. Now Person Accounts in Desk will automatically be synced with those in Salesforce.