What's the easiest way to create a report through the Desk.com API?
Last Updated -
If you are interested in using the Desk.com API to retrieve and analyze your Desk.com data, we have great news for you! All data that is accessible within our powerful analytics tool, Business Insights, is also accessible via the Desk.com API. In fact, Business Insights is powered by the exact same Desk.com API endpoints that are available to you.
In the following guide, we'll show you how to use Business Insights UI to generate a report and then how to view the API request behind that report so that you can retrieve the exact same data within your API script.
- Login to Desk.com and use the top-left dropdown to switch into New Business Insights.
- Select the report you would like to create. You can customize your report here by adding filters, changing date range, etc.
- On the report page, right click anywhere on the page and select “Inspect Element” to open your browser's Developer Tools.
- Click into the "Network" tab.
- Refresh the report page, and select “reports”, then go to “Headers” section.
- You will be able to see the Request URL, Request Method, and Request Payload (select "View Source").
- Copy the Payload to your script. You might need to change the formatting based on what programming language you are using, but the structure should remain the same.