Linking Cases in the Next Gen Agent
Last Updated -
OverviewLinking Cases is a simple way to quickly add a Link from with Case to another. There are various relationship types you can select from. The relationship types don't change the way the cases link, but do help give context to other Agents who view the links at a later date.
Case Linking Relationship Types
|Addresses||Use this when the Case you are in Addresses another Case.
Eg: The case directly solves a customer issue in another case.
|Is Addressed By||Use this when linking to a Case that has already addressed the Case you are in.
Eg: The case is directly Resolved by another case already.
|Is Parent Of||Use this when the Case you are in is a Parent to the Case you are linking to.
Eg: The case has related child cases. Use if there are subquestions but one main Case.
|Is Child Of||Use this when the Case you are in is the Child of the Case you are linking to.
Eg: The case has a parent case. Use if this is a subquestion of one main Case.
|Is Related To||Use this when the Case you are in has a relationship to the Case you are linking to.
Eg: The case is related to another case which has a similar theme.
How to Link CasesYou may want to link related or similar cases from different (or the same) customers. This article will show you how to better manage your cases using the Case Linking feature.
- In the Next Gen Agent console, open a case that you would like to link to another one.
- Open the Linked Cases dropdown in the right hand navigation.
- Click 'Add.'
- Search for a case in the LINK CASE pop-up. Click on the case you wish to link.
- A second LINK CASE pop-up will display the original case and the case to be linked. Using the drop-down, select the nature of the case relationship (e.g., is related to, is parent of).
- Click 'Complete Case Link.'
- The Linked Cases drop-down of either case now displays the linked case number and the nature of the case link.