Adding New Google Contacts to Desk as Customers Using Zapier
Last Updated -
You will need:
● a Desk account
● a Google Contacts account
● a Zapier account
Steps1. Getting your accounts ready
2. Connecting your accounts
Getting your accounts readyTo connect your Desk account to Zapier, you will need an active Desk account. More information about getting started with Desk on Zapier can be found here.
To link your Google Contacts account to Zapier, you will need an active Google account. More information about getting started with Google Contacts on Zapier can be found here.
Connecting your accountsClick here to Add new Google Contacts to Desk as customers.
1. Choose your Google Contacts account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
2. Optionally, select a specific Contact Group for Zapier to watch for new contacts.
3. Choose your Desk account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
4. To connect a new Desk account to Zapier, type your Account Name, or Custom Domain name into the appropriate field in the pop-up. On the following screen, grant Zapier access to your Desk account.
5. If you wish to change the default options for creating the customer in Desk, you may do so here by inserting Google Contact fields or modifying the existing entries.
6. Click Save + finish!
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, newly added contacts on Google Contacts will be automatically added as a customer on Desk.
Note: If you ever want to change this Google Contacts and Desk integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you'd like.
You can also check out all that’s possible with Google Contacts on Zapier, and other ways to connect Google Contacts and Desk.