Creating Asana Tasks for New Desk Cases Using Zapier
Last Updated -
You will need:
● a Desk account
● an Asana account
● a Zapier account
Steps1. Getting your accounts ready
2. Connecting your accounts
Getting your accounts readyTo connect your Desk account to Zapier, you will need an active Desk account. More information about getting started with Desk on Zapier can be found here.
To link your Desk to Asana, you will need an active Asana account. To learn about getting started with your Asana account, start here. For more information on using Asana with Zapier, you can go here.
Connecting your accountsClick here to Create Asana Tasks for New Desk Cases.
1. Choose your Desk account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
2. To connect a new Desk account to Zapier, type your Account Name, or Custom Domain name into the appropriate field in the popup. On the following screen, grant Zapier access to your Desk account.
3. Optionally, select the criteria for the Zap to watch and Filter cases from. These include Statuses, Assigned Group, Assigned user, and Labels.
4. Choose your Asana account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
5. Choose the Workspace/Organization in which the Asana task will be created. If you wish to modify the Name and Notes default settings with fields from Desk, do so here.
6. Click Save + finish!
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, your new Desk cases matching the criteria you selected in the Zap will be added to Asana as new tasks.
Note: If you ever want to change this Desk and Asana integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you'd like.
You can also check out all that’s possible with Desk on Zapier, and other ways to connect Desk and Asana.