Add a Chat Form to Your Site
Last Updated -
The Desk.com Chat widget adds a chat button anywhere on your existing website, or embeds the ability to chat within your Customer Support Center. Beyond Desk, the Chat Widget can be added to any website, or shopping cart using the instructions below.
Here is what what the default Chat looks like when embedded on your site and an example of how you can alter the look and feel. Skip to the install instructions?
Default Chat Button - Learn how to customize the Chat Button
Default Chat Window - Learn how to customize the Chat Window
Example of a Customized Chat Window
Use the Chat Widget to add a button to your website that will launch the chat dialog:
- To grab the chat widget code, go to Admin > Channels > Chat > Widgets and click Embed Code.
- A pop-up window opens that contains the widget code. Copy the Chat Widget Code and paste it in your website where you want the button to appear.
Customizing the Chat Experience for your Customers
You can customize the fields displayed on your chat form by editing your Chat Theme under Widgets > Edit. Find the HTML body:
- The chat button is always enabled
- The chat button is enabled if agents are logged into the system
The chat button is enabled if at least one agent has routing enabled. To enable routing, click the "Enable Routing" link in the right hand corner of the Agent UI - this will start generating screenpops for new and open cases (including chats) that the agent has access to.
In addition, you can offer an email form if the offerEmailIfChatUnavailable feature is set to true. This will offer an Email button instead of a Chat button if chat is not available.Related Articles
- Adding Fields to a Widget in Desk.com
- Customizing the Live Chat button
- Redirecting waiting Chat to the E-mail Form
- How do I use SnapEngage with Desk.com