Closing cases after they are Resolved for two weeks
Last Updated -
Before you create the Time rule for this scenario, you'll want to first create a Label as described here.
Then, to create the Time rule, go to Admin > Cases > Rules > Time Rule > Add Rule. Name your rule and click Add to build out your conditions.
Complete the Rule by adding the following conditions:
- For , add "Case Status is Resolved"
- For , add "Hours Since Resolved greater than or equal to 336"
- For , add "Case Labels does not contain Archived"
- For , add "Append Case Labels Archived"
- For , add "Set Case Status Closed"
- Enable the rule and click .
Maybe two weeks is too long, or too short. Feel free to tweak the rule as needed, you can change the number based on your business needs.
Important Note for Salesforce Integration Users
The first time this rule runs, it is going to find all of the older cases that meet this criteria. This is important if you are using the Salesforce integration, as it has rate limits that you might hit when the Rule runs. You should review this document prior to enabling the Time rule.
Related articles: Using Time Rules