Use Bulk Update with Multiple Cases
Last Updated -
Note: This article references the Next Generation Agent console, not the Classic Agent console. For more information on Bulk Updates in the Classic Agent, see Updating Multiple Cases at Once with Bulk Update.
Overview of Bulk Update
Desk.com enables you to reply to multiple cases at once using our Bulk Update feature. This allows you to perform multiple actions, like adding labels, applying macros, adding notes, and sending a quick reply to multiple cases with just a few steps.
Note: Bulk updates are limited to 5000 records at once during normal business hours. Off peak hours (late at night or early in the morning), you will find you can process up to 10,000 at one time.
WARNING: Bulk updates cannot be cancelled once they are executed.
Performing a Bulk Update
- Perform a search to bring up the cases that you’re looking for. Alternately, you can apply a filter that contains cases you want to perform a bulk update on. In this example we'll search for Manual Billing labels.
- Click the checkboxes next to the cases you want to include. You can also check the "apply all" box and update every case that matches your search or is in the filter.
- In the panel to the right, select the actions that you want to perform on the cases. Toggle to the Note view if you want to add a note.
- If you toggle back to the Reply view, your note will still be saved on the case.
- If you want to change the cases without entering a reply, click "Update" to apply the changes. If you enter a reply with your bulk update, click "Update & Reply" and you’re ready to send the response to customers.