Creating Knowledge Articles
Want to create knowledge articles for your support center? This is the article you're looking for!
Creating Articles for your Support Center
- Log in to Desk.com and go to: Admin > Content > Articles > Add Article
- In the Add New Article pop-up, select a Topic in the dropdown to categorize your article. Next, enter the title in the Subject field and click Add.
- After adding the new article, you will be taken to the Content Editor. Write your knowledge article and use the toolbar above the text field to create headings, subheadings, lists, add hyperlinks, or view the source code.
- You can also add images and videos to your knowledge article.
- Use the Article Attributes side navigation to categorize Topics, add Search Keywords, or tag brand-relevant knowledge articles if you have Multi-brand enabled.
- To publish your article and make it public, toggle Show in Support Center to 'On' and make sure that Save as Draft is 'Off' then click Update.
To save the article as a draft, toggle Save as Draft to 'On' and Show in Support Center to the 'Off' position. When you're ready to publish the article so that it can be seen on the Support Center, simply toggle Save as Draft to 'Off' and Show in Support Center to the 'On'
- When your knowledge article has been published you will see the following message above the Content Editor:
Knowledge articles can be used internally by Agents as well on your customer-facing website. You can add translated content to your Support Center and create Channel Specific responses for your Support Agents. If you'd like, you can also embed Google Docs into your support center articles.