Add a Phone Integration
Last Updated -
Note: This article covers how to add a Phone. Integrating a Phone with Desk.com requires working with one of our supported partners to develop a Phone for your needs. For information about building a Phone using Open CTI, see Methods for Open CTI.
Desk.com's Phone Integration allows the use of Phones in the Agent Desktop through the integrations from third-party computer-telephony integration (CTI) systems. You must use one of our third-party phone integration partners to build a Phone to integrate with Desk.com. If you have any questions about getting started with a Phone, such as finding a telephony provider, please contact your account manager or email@example.com.
- Pro Plan or above. (Contact your account manager if you have any questions about your plan offering.)
- Administrator Access Level
- The "Phone Calls Enabled" setting is turned on under Admin > Channels > Phone > General
- The "Phone Integrations" setting is turned on under Admin > Settings > Site Settings > Phone Integrations
- Desk.com Phone Integration only works with Next Generation Agent
Supported Partners & Platforms
- AMC Technology
- Aspect (UIP, CS)
- Avaya (AES, AACC, AIC, IP Office)
- Cisco (UCCE, UCCX, UCM)
- Nortel (CCT)
- Go to Admin > Settings > Site Settings and enable the Phone Integrations.
- Go to Admin > Channels > Phone > Integrations > + Add Integration
- Create a name for your Phone and add the URL provided by your telephony provider. Your telephony provider can set the height and width programmatically for how your Phone appears in the Agent Desktop, or you can set the dimensions in the Admin, here:
- Click a user to give access to this Phone. Keep in mind that a user can only be a member of one Phone.
- After integrating a Phone into Desk.com, the phone icon appears in the top right to Agents with access.
- The appearance and function of the Phone depends on how your integrator developed it.