Change the Customer Associated with a Case
Last Updated -
Desk.com email cases can be changed so they're associated with a different customer. Example: Let's say you've received an email from your voicemail system and you want to change the resulting case to reflect the customer who actually left the voicemail, here's how you would do that.
- The first step is to click the "change the customer" link at the bottom of the customer column on the left side of the screen.
- From there it will depend on if the customer already exists or if you'll want to create a new customer.
Change a case to belong to an existing customer
- After you've clicked the Change Customer link a window will pop up allowing you to search for the customer you want to associate with the case.
- Choose the customer from the list of possible matches.
- On the confirmation page showing the change from the older customer to the new customer, click the "Change Customer" button.
Change a case to belong to a new customer
- If the customer doesn't currently exist, from the search popup, you'll want to select "Create New Customer" on the search dialog.
- Enter the new customer's information in the "Add New Customer" dialog and click "Create".
You're done! The case will now be associated with the new customer and you'll find it when viewing that customer's history.
Note: If you'll be replying rather than just changing the associated customer, be sure to change the 'To:' address on your reply.