Can I create a custom Status field?
Last Updated -
Note: We cannot edit the standard Case Status field. We can however create a custom Case Status field to include status values that your organization may need.
The default case status values that are used in Desk are:
- New: A case is brand new and has never been opened by an Agent
- Open: A case has been opened by at least one Agent
- Pending: When you have responded to a case but still awaiting a response from the customer
- Resolved: When your Agent is done working on a case
- Closed: This is a Read-only status that can be set using a Time Rule, after a case has been Resolved for a set number of hours
- Deleted: This is set when you have deleted a case, before it's been purged from your Desk site
Let's take a look at how we can create this in Desk.
To create a custom status field, navigate to Admin > Cases > Custom fields > Add field.
Create the field of "List" type and add your custom values to this field. Here is an example of a custom Case Status field:
Now, to add the field to your layout, go to Admin > Cases > Cases > Next Gen Case Layouts and edit your default layout. Find the Custom Fields section to your right, and drag and drop the custom case status field on to your case layout.
Save your changes by clicking Update. Then, head over to your Next gen agent and open a case to see your newly added custom Status field.
You can choose to remove the Standard status field from the layout if you want to only use your custom status field, or you may want to keep both on the layout.
If you run into any issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.