Providing Multilingual Support
Desk.com’s Multilingual Support feature allows you to use different, translated versions of your Support Center content for 53 different languages. You can display the articles in your Support Center and use them in Agent interactions with your customers.Here is a list of Supported Languages in Desk.com.
Enabling Multilingual Support
- In the Desk.com Admin, go to Settings > Multilingual Support > Advanced Settings. Set a default language for your Desk.com Support Center and enable additional languages you'd like to support.
- If you’re using the Default Support Center template, your customers will immediately view drop-down to select their language. If you’ve already customized your template, add a new Support Center template and then apply your formatting changes. Your customers will then have the option to view content in a different language.
- Once a customer selects a language in the upper right hand corner of the Support Center he or she will get the language-specific version of you Support Center, with search results only from content and topics localized to that language.
Note: If using multilingual support with multi-brand, each brand requires its own advanced settings including enabled languages.
Adding Translations of Support Content
Before your agents will be able to support your customers in various languages, you’ll need to add the translated content to your Support Center. Once that’s done, your customers will be able to view the content in the various languages and you can create macros for your agents in each supported language. Here’s how:
Once the content is in the system, you can use it in Business Rules, Filters, and Macros to enable your agents to provide support in all the languages that you have enabled. Here’s how:
Managing your Multilingual Content
Track the status of your content with the Translation Management System. It alerts you of outdated content with "traffic-light"-like graphics to the status of an article:
- Up-to-date (needing no revision),
- In draft format (not displayed on your help center),
- Outdated (out of synch with the current english revision of the article)
- Missing (no version of this content exists for the selected language)
To signal that a version of an article is not up to date, simply check "Mark translated versions of this article outdated" box when editing the article in Content Management:
To resolve the "Outdated Revision" Message, open the translated version of the article, make the change, and update the article.
Note: Multilingual Support applies to the Desk.com Support Center - the web site your customers use to communicate with you on Desk.com - and does not provide multiple language capability for the Desk.com Agent Desktop.
Note: The feature(s) in this article requires the Pro Plan or above. To upgrade your account, log in to Admin panel and click "Billing" on the right. See the overview of our pricing plans or reach out to Sales for more info.